If you haven’t already tried these, YOU MUST! To be honest, I cannot believe something so isync with flavor could just make you feel like you’re floating on a delicious peanut butter, butterscotch cloud BUT –covered in chocolate.
When you take the very first bite you’ll know what I’m saying!
Now most of my friends don’t like butterscotch– hell alot of people do not like butterscotch, but this recipe changed their perception on the taste.
The key is melting down your butterscotch chips all while melting your chocolate chips AT THE SAME TIME creating a seemingly enticing ribbon of chocolatey delight. You would never know they were in there until you take a bite of this peanut butter goodness.
Ever since i’ve been making these delish treats for work, I cannot keep them in stock to save my life. Normally I will make large quantities of these bad boys because people now are requesting them. Trust me when I say, You’ll LOVE THESE SCOTCHIES.
- Peanut Butter
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Corn Syrup
- Butterscotch chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Glass Baking dish or deep baking pan
- Medium saucepan
- In a Medium Saucepan, – medium heat melt your butter & sugar together; Careful do not burn sugar (may have to us slow heat)
- Add corn syrup & vanilla. Mix till well combined.
- Once all incorporated- Begin adding peanut butter and stir until well melted.
- The mixture will be a ribbon consistency, turn heat off & carefully pour mixture over rice Krispy cereal. (cereal will begin to scatter to outsides of bowl; Fold with spatula to lessen the mess, & stir till all mixture is coated on Krispies)
- Immediately pour into a lightly greased dish and flatted with rubber spatula. (CAREFUL MIXTURE WILL BE HOT) ( mixture will start to crystallize quick, so be snappy)
- Begin melting your Butterscotch chips & Chocolate chips in 30 second intervals whilst stirring every 30 seconds. ( If using microwave; If using stove top low heat in a nonstick pan)– less burn heats as possible you want the chocolate to be smooth and creamy.
- Apply chocolate onto of the Krispies mixture and smooth with offset spatula.
- Allow to cool till chocolate solidifies. (1 hour)
- Cut into squares & enjoy!