Enjoy them hot out of the oven. You may also toast them the next day and slice them to serve with cream cheese or butter. Here we used a garden vegetable cream cheese. Treat yourself to these bagels! And please let me know if you make them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 12 bagels
Calories: 170 kcal
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 TBS cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- two and a half cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 4 TBS shredded parmesan cheese for toppings
- 2-3 TBS Sesame seeds
- Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place the cheeses and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir in between times.
- Add the eggs, baking powder, garlic salt and Italian seasonings and blend well.
- Add two cups of the almond flour and work into a dough with a spoon.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining almond flour on a clean surface and turn the dough onto it.
- Work in the remaining almond flour until the dough comes together. It will still be sticky, but manageable. Yes, your hands will be messy, but think of this as play time.
- Cut the dough in half and then each half into six pieces.
- Work each piece into a log about six or seven inches long. If you prefer not to be so messy, roll the logs between two pieces of wax paper. Or parchment paper.
- Form them into a circle and pinch the ends together.
- Sprinkle with more herbs and then about 1 tsp of parmesan cheese on each bagel.
- Finally, sprinkle about ½ tsp of sesame seeds onto each and gently press the seeds into the dough.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Note 1: This batch makes 12. If you’re uncertain, cut it in half. You won’t hurt my feelings.
Note 2: Store left overs in the fridge. Or freeze them.