A sweet treat that you can make any time and they are guilt-free! Finely shredded coconut flavors these meringue cookies. They are so light and airy, and taste like little coconut clouds!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Cooling in the oven: 1 hr
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup swerve confectioners
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut (finely shredded)
- 1/8 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream or tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- In the clean and dry bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg whites and beat until you get soft peaks. Add in the cream of tartar and mix in the swerve slowly, and continue beating until you have stiff peaks.
- Add in the salt, vanilla and coconut extracts. Mix until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a large clean and dry bowl and a hand mixer. Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Scoop the batter using a cookie scoop (or two spoons) onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Leave in the oven for 1 hour, with the oven turned off and they will be slightly chewy on the inside. Leave in the oven for 2 hours and they will be crunchy all the way through.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-5 days.