These Almond Peanut Butter Cookies are grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and egg-free and friendly for Keto and SIBO diets. If made in the 1 tbsp size, like I recommend below, they are only 3g of sugar each and make roughly a two bite cookie.
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (may sub almond or sun butter)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more to top if desired
- 2 cups almond flour
Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C)
- Cream raw honey, peanut butter, and coconut oil together. Then add vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- Add almond flour and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Portion dough into 1 tbsp spoonfuls and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking liner.
- Press down on each ball of dough with a fork crosswise, to form the traditional peanut butter cookie indentations.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a small pinch of fine sea salt if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies should be golden brown around the edges.
- The cookies will be fragile when warm, so I like to let them cool slightly for approx 10 minutes before transferring them to a cookie jar.
Though I normally just make these Almond Peanut Butter Cookies sans additions, this recipe also makes a great base to add sugar-free chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 3 g 5%
Sodium 46 mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g 1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g 2%
Source : By